Do’s and Don’ts
- Don’t carry your social security card with you.
- Carry the credit card or debit card you intend to use.
- Always sign the signature box on the back of your credit card.
CREATE A CHECKLIST
- Create a document listing all your creditors, your whole account number, and their phone numbers; it will save valuable time in the event of a loss or theft.
- Notify law enforcement to receive a case number (if possible) also a business card of the officer assisting you.
EXAMINE YOUR CREDIT REPORTS
- Review addresses listed for any you have never lived.
- View the hard inquires for any that were not authorized. Companies may look at your report, especially wireless and utility companies, to review all of your accounts, looking for any that are open with balances you do not use.